Information about the upcoming Dit Clapper day street naming celebration and the following evening supper made the Chex TV News today.
Hastings and the Historical Society got very good and enthusiastic coverage. With any luck (if the weather holds) we will get a great turnout for the naming ceremony at the Hastings Village Marina on the south shore of the Trent River. Dignitaries expected to attend include Scotty Bowman and his wife, MP Rick Norlock, MPP Rob Milligan, our own Councillor Bob Crate and other municipal staff. We are expecting over twenty members of the Clapper clan to be in attendance, the first time in many, many years they have had such a get together.
All are welcome to attend the 4:00 PM ceremony. Later that day, at 5:30 PM, the Civic Center in Hastings will be the location for the sold out Dit Clapper Recognition Supper. Speakers for this event include:
1) Stewart Richardson, author of the book Dit Clapper and the Rise of the Boston Bruins
2) Greg Theberge, grandson of Dit Clapper and retired NHL player who played his whole career with one team, like his grandfather Dit, though in Greg’s case it was the Washington Capitals. Greg also played for the OHL’s Peterborough Petes
3) Mark Potter, President of the International Hockey Hall of Fame
Tickets are still available for the Dit Clapper Day raffle, which includes:
- Boston Bruin Commemorative Book valued at $427.
- Wine Basket courtesy of Bob Crate valued at $100.
- “Dit Clapper & the Rise of the Boston Bruins” 4 copies @ $20
- Dinner at Banjo’s valued at $ 25.
- Autographed Photo of Boston Bruin Milan Lucic
There will be a silent auction held at the dinner with additional items available. All items and prizes will be available for viewing at the Marina on Saturday at 4:00 PM. Hope to see you there.